Family & Kids Adventures
Adventures for the Entire Family
The Cable Area is a great vacation destination for all ages! Nothing is better than watching your child reel in their first fish, catching a snowflake on their tongue, roasting a marshmallow over an open fire, or watching them observe wildlife in its natural habitat.
Here are just a few great ideas to keep everyone happy while you’re here!
- Take the family on a hike, or jump on a bike on our family friendly trails in the Chequamegon National Forest. In the winter months strap on a pair of cross country skis or snowshoes for a adventure under a canopy of white.
- If fast-paced is more your family’s style, our area offers over 700 miles of snowmobile and ATV trails. Kids must be 16+ and have a driver’s licenses to drive on our trails, but double up riding is just as fun!
- Take a dip in one of our area lakes. Grab a canoe, kayak or paddleboat and explore the lake at your own pace. For some more action get behind a boat on a pair of water-skis, wakeboard, or a tube.
- Head in to town to visit our shops and museums, grab an ice cream cone and people watch.
- Grand View and Cable offer baseball diamonds and basketball courts for a little friendly family competition!
- You’ll find playgrounds with picnic facilities in Cable, Drummond and Grand View for the youngsters.
- When winter arrives find a sled and a hill for hours of family fun. Make snow fresh snow angels or the world’s largest snowman!
- During the summer months the Cable Natural History Museum offers educational workshops giving kids (and adults!) the opportunity to get their hands dirty and play with nature. Check their website for upcoming dates.
- Pitch a tent at one of our campgrounds and really get back to nature.
- Load up the car for a day trip north to Lake Superior and see one of the great lakes. Take a fairy boat ride to Madeline Island (one of thirteen of the Apostle Islands) and explore for the day!
- Venture south just a short while to Hayward. There you’ll find plenty of shopping, mini golf, go-karts, bowling, a movie theater, and more!
- No matter what the season, there is nothing quite like a relaxing horse back riding trip through the woods! Check out Play + See on our website for horse ranches.
If you’re looking to reconnect and spend quality time with your family without all of the hustle and bustle of city life, then start planning your vacation to the Cable Area today! Creating lasting family memories is our business!