- This event has passed.
Birkie Events: Tour by Day, Race by Night
Exciting Changes for the 2023 Birkie Tour! Tour by Day – Race by Night!
The Birkie Tour course is changing AND a night race is now part of the event! Ski the Birkie Trail and revamped trails around Mt. Telemark at a relaxed pace during the day. Enjoy a nice meal, rest up, and then come back for racing under the stars! Choose both events or just one- create your own adventure!
The Birkie Tour is pure fun, plain and simple. Whether you just want to tour, just want to race, or experience both- we’ve got options for you. It’s a great way to experience the wonderful Birkie Trail system on your own or with family and friends, now during the day or night.
Tour the Birkie Trail and trails around Mt. Telemark. The Birkie Trail Crew will be reviving trails around Mt. Telemark to create new skiing options. Ski the marked courses during the Tour to get a glimpse of all the fun to be had! Birkie Tour skiers choose their own distance and pace, and park, start, and finish at the American Birkebeiner Trailhead. Courses will be marked and you create a short or long ski – just enjoy the day!
- A skier thinking about a Birkie event, but unsure about being ready;
- A skier who loves to ski, but isn’t interested in ski racing;
- A skier looking to try new trails;
- Or, a skier just looking for more time on their skis in a fun and safe atmosphere.
But, wait, there’s more! After your casual afternoon tour, return for a race under the stars! Race with a headlamp (required) on a 10K individual course or 20K with a teammate (both ski the 20K course). Experience the flying sensation of skiing the trails at night!
- Headlamps are required
- Ski the 10K as an individual
- Ski the 20K with a teammate! Must ski together as a team. Time is calculated after the second team member crosses the finish line.
For more information go to https://www.birkie.com/ski/events/birkie-tour/